1. Regularly set goals for yourself - career, personal, exercise, rest, savings and travel.
2. Treat others outside your fold with gentleness and inclusion.
3. Throughout life, build small social groups where you are a contributor (in some fashion).
4. Seek advice from a knowledgeable, diverse group of people; remain flexible, and amenable to change.
5. Decide to enjoy life on a daily basis.
6. When setbacks occur (such as a personal relation gone south), try to process what is going on now in crisis, as if you are examining this distressing/painful episode from the vantage point of 6 months forward.
7. Document your progression with some text and photos, etc.
-Patrick F. Dolan '78BUS