1. Learn a second and/or a third language by taking an immersion course and keep using it resolutely until you have demonstrated effort and respect to listeners/employees.
2. Take at least one job/posting overseas - - and not just in a 'comfortable' country.
3. Engage in the foreign business and show that you ENJOY/RESPECT it.
4. Learn something of the language and culture - - respect and enjoy it.
5. Never forget your task is to "build the business" and develop a local successor.
ENJOY IT ALL.
-Martin L.B. Walter '61BUS
Do you like this post?